More than 20 years ago in Marco Island, Florida, the group that would become the Raymond James Network for Women Advisors hosted a meeting that brought together local financial professionals to share insight, nurture connections and celebrate successes. From that first meeting, the Women's Symposium has grown to become an event unmatched in the industry, uniting women from all walks of financial service – and all across the country – for a two-day, jam-packed experience designed to appeal to financial advisors at all stages of their careers.
Attendees choose among interactive seminars, breakout sessions and inspiring presentations from Raymond James leaders and industry experts. The topics and speakers run the gamut, but the goal remains the same: To help women advisors grow their businesses. Afterward, attendees are re-energized and motivated to immediately put new ideas gained from the conference and study groups to work in their practices. The symposium offers fresh perspectives, continuing education and so much more. It's a chance for us to celebrate what we do and find new ways to honor our clients, our community and our lives.
The 22nd Annual Women’s Symposium will be held October 5-7, 2016, at the Waldorf Astoria & Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Florida. View highlights from the 2015 symposium.
A few of our 2016 speakers include:
- Carla Harris, Vice Chairman, Wealth Management, Managing Director and Senior Client Advisor at Morgan Stanley
- Brigadier General Maureen LeBoeuf, Ed.D., First Woman Department Head, United States Military Academy
- Amy Florian, CEO, Corgenius
- Cathy Stahl, Global Head of Marketing, PIMCO
- Susan Story, President and CEO, American Water, Raymond James Board Lead Director
- Cokie Roberts, journalist and author
- Joe Coughlin, Founder and Director, MIT AgeLab