Howard Goodfriend has more than 25 years of experience financial and retirement planning and is also a branch manager with Raymond James Financial Services. He delivers top-quality, unbiased service, and engineers personalized investment portfolios, as well as retirement and estate plans. His relationships with clients are caring, ongoing and interactive. Once a financial plan is created, he maintains regular contact with clients to insure their needs and objectives are met as their life and family circumstances change over time. Howard enjoys educating his clients on current financial issues and has conducted numerous lectures on investing, retirement and estate planning to both public and private organizations over his career. His primary objective is to tame the complexity of his clients’ financial affairs, so they can relax and enjoy life without having to spend their precious free time researching investments, learning ERISA rules or studying tax codes.
Howard graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a bachelor’s degree in Economics. He also holds a law degree from the John Marshall Law School. In addition to the branch of the firm that he manages in downtown Chicago, he operates a location of the firm in New York’s financial district.
Howard's Areas of Focus:
- Risk Management - balancing and monitoring portfolios to reduce risk and optimize growth.
- Retirement Planning - growing retirement assets in advance of retirement and maintaining comfortable level of monthly income after retirement.
- Minimizing and Deferring Income Taxes - comprehensive analysis and creation of IRA, Roth IRA, 401k, 403b and other qualified plans to maximize tax reduction and deferral.
- Reducing Estate Taxes - creating gifting and estate plan strategies to transfer wealth to heirs while minimizing exposure to probate costs and estate taxation.
- Disciplined Saving Strategies - direct deposit into investment accounts and dividend reinvestment for meaningful wealth accumulation over decades.
- Charitable Estate Planning - devising plans to efficiently transfer assets to charitable organizations.
- Education Planning – planning for funding of children and grandchildren’s college education.
Raymond James Stadium
About Raymond James
In 1962, Bob James set out to build a different kind of financial services firm – one that put people, planning and principles first. And now, more than 50 years later, Bob's different kind of firm is one of the leading independent financial services companies in the United States.
Raymond James has grown to become a well-respected, widely recognized multinational firm with distinct business units that serve a variety of clients, from individuals and small business owners to municipalities and major corporations.
October 19, 1987: Black Monday. While other firms closed their trading desks to minimize internal losses, Raymond James kept its desks open to meet clients’ needs. Because of Raymond James’ agency-based business model and commitment to client service, this was our first, last and only unprofitable quarter since the firm went public.
We can be sure the markets will change over the next 25 years, and that our industry and firm will continue to evolve. What won’t change is our commitment to the values that have driven our success.
By the numbers*
- Approximately 6,700 financial advisors
- More than 2.7 million client accounts
- Over 2,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas
- Approximately $500 billion in total client assets
It’s been our privilege for more than 50 years to support the goals of our clients and to give back to the communities in which we live and work – and we look forward to continuing to do so for many, many years to come. To take a “scroll” down memory lane, explore our history at RAYMONDJAMES.COM.
*As of 12/31/2015
1Past performance is not indicative of future results. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell Raymond James Financial stock.