You can import tax data from your Raymond James brokerage and Raymond James Bank accounts directly into Intuit’s TurboTax® program. Tax data includes the information from forms 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, and 1099-OID. Downloading your tax data into the software prevents you from having to determine which information from which form needs to be entered into specific fields in the TurboTax® software.
To use the service, simply choose Raymond James from the financial institution drop-down menu in TurboTax, then enter the unique identification number printed on your 1099 statement as directed. This “key” provides access to a summary of all forms available to import; you can view detailed information by selecting any form listed, then choose the import function to fill in your tax forms with the appropriate information.
Please note: It is extremely important that you verify information imported by Turbo Tax against your own records to ensure accurate and complete reporting of all required tax information.
Specifically, Turbo Tax downloads information from your 1099 statement and from the supplemental Gain/Loss information provided in your 1099 package. You should confirm which information should be reflected and consult a qualified tax professional regarding your personal situation to ensure appropriate reporting.
Please refer to your 1099 package for more detailed information.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to install and open your TurboTax® program (any current version of the software). You may also use TurboTax® for the Web (available at www.turbotax.com). Don’t forget to follow instructions to download recent updates to the program.
- TurboTax® will walk you through the steps necessary to complete your tax return, or you may go directly to the data import step from the main menu (if using software version) or the Income tab (if using Web version). (Consult the Help section within the TurboTax® program or contact their support center for instructions.)
- When you reach the “Import Investment Income” step, you will see a list of brokerage firms that offer downloads. Select Raymond James or Raymond James Bank from the list and proceed.
- For authentication purposes you will be prompted to enter your Account number and the document ID provided on your tax statement. Accounts related to Raymond James Bank and Eagle Family of Funds will have separate account numbers and document IDs.
- A list of available tax information will display. You may proceed with downloading any or all of the information, and it will be imported directly into the TurboTax® software.
- Once imported, the TurboTax® program will automatically report the information in the appropriate sections of your federal income tax return. However, it is important for you to verify the imported information against your own records to ensure accurate and complete reporting of all required tax information.
For assistance with Intuit’s TurboTax® program, visit their support website at www.turbotaxsupport.com.
For assistance with your Raymond James tax documents, please contact your financial advisor or contact Client Services at 800-647-SERV(7378).
TurboTax is a registered trademark of Intuit Inc.