At The Fowler Group, we take the time to understand your wants and needs and to align your goals with your portfolio. We welcome the opportunity to show you how our goal-centric approach can be customized to you and comprehensively created.
If this sounds like the kind of financial planning relationship you are looking for, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
About Raymond James
In 1962, Bob James set out to build a different kind of financial services firm – one that would focus on long-term planning instead of simply placing trades, one that would remain uncompromisingly moderate through market highs and lows, and one that would always put clients and the advisors who serve them first. And now, after more than 50 years of integrity, independence and innovation, Bob's different kind of firm is one of the leading independent financial services companies in the United States.
A brief history
- 1962: Robert A. James Investments merges with Raymond & Associates to form Raymond James.
- 1983: Raymond James is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, symbol RJF.
- 2008: Raymond James is one of the few firms to remain stable and profitable through the economic downturn.
- 2012: Raymond James and Morgan Keegan merge to form one of the country’s largest independent full-service wealth management and investment banking firms not headquartered on Wall Street.
- 2013: Raymond James reaches its 100th consecutive quarter of profitability.1
From humble beginnings, Raymond James has grown to become a well-respected, widely recognized multinational firm with distinct business units that serve a variety of clients, from individuals and small business owners to municipalities and major corporations.
October 19, 1987: Black Monday. While other firms closed their trading desks to minimize internal losses, Raymond James kept its desks open to meet clients’ needs. Because of Raymond James’ agency-based business model and commitment to client service, this was our first, last and only unprofitable quarter since the firm went public.
We can be sure the markets will change over the next 25 years, and that our industry and firm will continue to evolve. What won’t change is our commitment to the values that have driven our success.
By the numbers*
- 119 consecutive quarters of profitability1
- Approximately 7,300 financial advisors
- Over 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas
- Approximately $693 billion in total client assets
- BBB+, positive outlook credit rating (S&P)2
It’s been our privilege over these past 50 years to support the goals of our clients and to give back to the communities in which we live and work – and we look forward to continuing to do so for many, many years to come. To take a “scroll” down memory lane, explore our history at RAYMONDJAMES.COM.
*As of 9/30/2017
1Past performance is not indicative of future results. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell Raymond James Financial stock.
2A credit rating of a security is not a recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities and may be subject to review, revisions, suspension, reduction or withdrawal at any time by the assigning rating agency.