A day in the life
Every day your way – that’s what life as an independent RIA is. You’re in control from P&L, staffing and compliance down to the last detail of your office décor. Whether you run your firm as a one-man show, a family operation or a large-scale platform with room for successful advisors to join your team, you’ll know Raymond James is there to support your day-to-day with integrated technology, high-net-worth solutions and in-depth research. As an RIA, you can also choose to maintain a fee-only business or offer commission products through a hybrid arrangement.
The big questions
To help you dig deeper into what being an independent RIA entails – and what you can expect as part of Raymond James – we’ve provided answers to the questions advisors ask most.
• Assets under management of $50 million or more
• 100% of investment advisor’s fees
• You’ll have the freedom to create your own benefits package.
• You’ll select your office location, décor and hours of operation.
• You’ll also be free to hire your own team or bring existing staff with you.
• Access to robust resources, turnkey solutions and integrated technology from Raymond James as your custodian partner
• Firm technology, including integrated financial planning software, performance reporting, CRM, high-quality research, an institutional-level training system and more
What to look for in a custodian
Know what you deserve – and what you can expect from Raymond James.View Article about What to look for in a custodian
View the 90-day transition timeline with major milestones and an overview of the support provided by the Raymond James transition and technology consultants.View PDF about Transition Timeline
Are you ready for true independence?
11 questions every aspiring independent RIA should askView PDF about Are you ready for true independence?
Now that you have scratched the surface of the possibilities that await you here, get the whole story. Have a confidential conversation with our recruiters about what your business would look like as an advisor at Raymond James.