Raymond James Launches Longevity Planning Resources for Financial Advisors
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Raymond James has launched a suite of longevity planning resources to support the firm’s 7,500 financial advisors as they guide clients through challenges associated with longer retirements. The resources, which include new and existing applications as well as select business relationships, address four main objectives:
Financial Planning: Goal planning, wealth accumulation, Social Security and income strategy
Wellness Planning: Housing, healthcare, caregiving and transportation
Risk Management: Long-term care, Medicare and elder financial fraud protection
Estate Planning: Essential documents, transfer of wealth and end-of-life wishes
“At Raymond James, we believe that doing what’s best for our clients means helping them in all aspects of life – and retirement – well planned,” said Frank McAleer, senior vice president of Wealth, Retirement and Portfolio Solutions at Raymond James. “With so many factors affecting clients’ financial well-being in retirement, financial advisors are uniquely positioned to be a center point advisor by providing guidance, resources and referrals to help clients address new challenges.
“Our longevity planning resources allow our advisors to add value beyond investment management, helping clients find ultimate peace of mind as they live longer in retirement. In addition to Raymond James’ leading edge technology tools, investment research, practice management and back office support, this is another way we can help our advisors deepen client relationships and ultimately grow their businesses.”
Resources available for advisors to share with clients include:
- Raymond James Goal Planning & Monitoring (GPM), a sophisticated software program that shows the full financial picture, taking into account specific goals, investment strategy, risk tolerance, spending and saving rates. The firm first introduced GPM in 2012.
- Broadspire® Care Management aids in planning for the largest financial factors in retirement: housing and healthcare. Broadspire will assess, recommend and facilitate strategies for clients wishing to stay at home as they age or other care needs associated with aging, from minor home modifications to finding alternative housing arrangements such as a memory care facility.
- PinnacleCare, a concierge health advisory service, helps individuals manage complex healthcare episodes. PinnacleCare maintains relationships with the top-ranked medical centers across the country and works with individuals to find the most appropriate treatment, facilitate appointments with top specialists and coordinate second opinions.
- EverSafe seeks to protect clients from financial fraud and identity theft by using a proprietary algorithm to monitor accounts, credit reports and the Dark Web for unusual activity. Alerts are sent to the individual and those designated as trusted contacts.
- HealthPlanOne helps clients navigate the complexities of Medicare by comparing options and finding the most cost-effective plan, while assuring appropriate coverage for preferred providers, doctors and medications.
- Everplans helps clients prepare for the unexpected. The secure digital platform enables clients to store information – from a will to a family recipe – and end-of-life wishes in a secure online database, which can be shared with trusted family and friends of the clients’ choosing. Everplans guides individuals through the step-by-step process, ensuring families have a full understanding of a loved one’s life and wishes.
Raymond James will expand the suite of resources and business relationships as client and advisor needs evolve. The Retirement Solutions group developed this offering based on insights and feedback from a group of 40 financial advisors who comprise the Retirement Solutions Advisory Board.
“Having additional resources has become invaluable,” said financial advisor Sandra D. Adams, CFP®, a member of the Retirement Solutions Advisory Board. “With the dedicated support of Raymond James, we’re able to take advantage of resources we may not have been able to secure or leverage on our own, giving us the time to spend developing relationships and managing our clients’ needs.”
“This suite of practical, valuable longevity planning tools is a critical part of my planning process,” said financial advisor and advisory board member Laura Steckler, CFP®. “Addressing longevity planning matters with my clients and their families deepens our relationships. Clients seem more connected, and we’re now able to truly provide a 360° financial planning experience.”
For more information, see our Longevity Planning Resources page.
About Raymond James Financial, Inc.
Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE: RJF) is a leading diversified financial services company providing private client group, capital markets, asset management, banking and other services to individuals, corporations and municipalities. The company has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. Total client assets are $727 billion. Public since 1983, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol RJF. Additional information is available at www.raymondjames.com.
Raymond James is not affiliated with PinnacleCare, Broadspire Care Management, Eversafe, HealthPlanOne, or Everplans.
*IMPORTANT: The projections or other information generated by Goal Planning & Monitoring regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature, do not reflect actual investment results and are not guarantees of future results. Results may vary with each use and over time. Asset allocation does not guarantee a profit nor protect against loss.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.