INVESTOR EDUCATION PERSONALLY DELIVERED
In addition to heading up our team, Lisa Detanna plays the role as educator – to help our clients better understand the investment world and the important financial matters that affect our lives. She covers a variety of important financial topics, from estate planning to lending, wealth management to establishing a legacy.
- Timely Tax Tips Due to New Tax Laws
- LABJ Economic Forecast Breakfast – January 2015
- Developing a comprehensive wealth plan
- What are issues affecting investors?
- For Kids … Money is funny
- What Is Estate Planning?
- Lending1 2
Common Myths of Investing
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
– BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
1. Raymond James Associates, Inc., and your Raymond James Financial Advisor do not solicit or offer residential mortgage products and are unable to accept any residential mortgage loan applications or to offer or negotiate terms of any such loan. You will be referred to a qualified Raymond James Bank employee for your residential mortgage lending needs.
The proceeds from a mortgage cannot be (a) used to purchase or carry securities; (b) deposited into a Raymond James investment or trust account; (c) used to purchase any product issued or brokered through an affiliate of Raymond James, including insurance; or (d) otherwise used for the benefit of, or transferred to, an affiliate or Raymond James.
Property insurance is required. Flood insurance is required if property is in a designated flood zone of ‘A’ or ‘V.’
2. A line of credit backed by securities, such as a Securities Based Line of Credit, a structured line of credit or a Margin account, may not be suitable for all clients and investors. Borrowing on securities backed lending products or Margin accounts and using securities as collateral may involve a high degree of risk including unintended tax consequences and the possible need to sell your holdings, which may lead to a significant impact on long-term investment goals. An investor can lose more funds than he or she deposited in the account. Market conditions can magnify any potential for loss. If the market turns against the client, he or she may be required to quickly deposit additional securities and/or cash in the account(s) or pay down the loan to avoid liquidation. Clients and investors may not be entitled to choose which securities or other assets in his or her account are liquidated or sold to meet a Call. The firm can increase its maintenance requirements at any time and is not required to provide advance written notice. Clients and investors may not be entitled to an extension of time on Calls. The securities in the Pledged Account(s) may be sold to meet the Collateral Calls and the securities in a Margin account can be sold to meet Margin Calls; the firm can sell the client’s securities without contacting them. Increased interest rates could also affect LIBOR rates that apply to your line of credit causing the cost of the credit line to increase significantly. The interest rates charged on a line of credit are determined by (i) the market value of pledged assets and the net value of the client’s Capital Access account or (ii) the line of credit amount. The interest rates charged on Margin accounts are determined by the amount borrowed. Please visit sec.gov/investor/pubs/margin.htm for additional information.
The proceeds from a Securities Based Line of Credit or a structured line of credit cannot be (a) used to purchase or carry securities; (b) deposited into a Raymond James investment or trust account; (c) used to purchase any product issued or brokered through an affiliate of Raymond James, including insurance; or (d) otherwise used for the benefit of, or transferred to, an affiliate of Raymond James. Raymond James Bank does not accept RJF stock or any securities issued by affiliates of Raymond James Financial as pledged securities toward a line of credit. Lines of credit are provided by Raymond James Bank. Securities Based Line of Credit and structured line of credit provided by Raymond James Bank, N.A., Raymond James & Associates, Inc., and Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., are affiliated with Raymond James Bank, N.A., a federally chartered national bank.
Products, terms, and conditions subject to change. Subject to standard credit criteria.