We have been conducting seminars on DROP throughout the state of Florida pertaining to financial planning for Sworn Employees.
The response to these high-quality, high-content educational seminars has been overwhelming. We have discovered that there is a real demand for these seminars given the confusion surrounding the intricacies of DROP.
The most recent seminar we conducted had 50 attendees and the response was overwhelmingly positive. Some of the topics we cover include:
- The factors to consider when deciding to enter DROP
- How to properly design an asset allocation for your deferred comp (457) and DROP
- How the age 50 rule per PPA 2006 affects you
- Social Security integration strategies
- The different pension options to choose from: Joint & Survivor, Single-Life, etc.
- The mistakes to avoid when exiting DROP
The presentation is interactive, high-content, and educational. The seminar is customized to the municipality’s specific CH.175/185 plan (or FRS for county) and is an ideal setting to educate, inform, and promote the many questions facing sworn employees today regarding retirement.
- Tamarac Fire Rescue
- Cape Coral Police
- Palatka Fire Department
- Panama City Beach
- Pinellas Park Fire Dep.
- City of Largo
- St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue
- Melbourne Fire/Police
- St. Augustine Fire
Contact me to schedule an educational seminar at your station.