Sophia Financial is dedicated to numerous charitable initiatives as we realize there is much more to philanthropy than a charitable tax credit. Direct participation is as important as, if not more important than, financial support for many of our charitable partners, and Sophia Financial Group is always keen to get outside and interact with neighbours and community members.
Whether it’s serving a meal or providing pro-bono financial services to vulnerable women, we seek to serve our communities in ways that are respectful and sustainable. Below is a list of the organizations that are close to our hearts.
- YWCA: Nominations Committee for Women of Distinction Awards; Connect to Success and the Bursary Awards Committee.
- Mission: To touch lives and build better futures for women and their families.
- Minerva Foundation: “Learning to Lead” Mentor.
- Mission: To elevate the visibility, influence and contribution of women leaders.
- Women in Leadership Foundation: Past Advisory Board Member.
- Mission: To promote the advancement of women’s leadership.
- City of Vancouver Women’s Advisory Committee: Member.
- Mission: Enhance access to full participation in city services for women and girls.
- Dress for Success: Fundraisers and Mentors.
- Mission: Promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs: Educators and Mentors.
- Mission: Dedicated to providing visionary women with the knowledge, support, and connections they need to become wildly successful entrepreneurs.
- Canadian Women Voters Congress: Alumni of Campaign School
- Mission: We educate and empower women to actively participate in democracy within their communities.
These foundations and organizations do work in the community that aligns with the core beliefs of Sophia Financial Group and our personal lives. We are always open to learning about new ways to contribute to our community, so please make us aware of the charitable organizations that you favour – particularly if they are working in support of financial empowerment and self-sufficiency.