You are entering the phase when your income becomes dependent on your investment portfolio. This can be overwhelming in today’s financial environment. Concerns such as running out of money and wondering if significant lifestyle changes are needed may weigh on your mind. In addition, the role Social Security plays in retirement is often misunderstood.
This can be the time when you take a good look at your entire financial picture and ask yourself several important questions:
- Have I saved enough to completely retire?
- Can we maintain the same lifestyle we had while I was working full time?
- How much income can my portfolio generate?
- Which account should I tap first for my retirement income?
- Should I take Social Security now, or wait?
- Will my portfolio keep up with inflation?
- How will my tax liability change once I retire and begin to withdraw money?
You may be interested in the following article titled "Common Factors Affecting Retirement Income". Contact us here for a complimentary consultation.