Frequently Asked Questions

Why were my accounts transferred to Investment Central?
There are several reasons why accounts are transferred to Investment Central.

  1. It could be that you have moved or updated your address to a state where your former advisor is not licensed and therefore unable to legally serve you.
  2. Your former advisor may no longer be associated with Raymond James.
  3. Your former advisor may be retired or exploring options with a new brokerage firm.
  4. In general, your financial advisor has determined that transferring your account(s) to Investment Central, the home office branch, is the best way for Raymond James to respond more quickly to your needs and to properly service you.

Why did I receive a letter that my account is going to be closed?
There are various reasons that can cause the termination of a relationship.

  1. Inability to reach or communicate with you. Effective communication channels between our clients and our department is paramount. If we do not have the proper means to communicate with or contact you as a client, we cannot continue to service your account. If you prefer not to be engaged with our department, we highly recommend you explore other brokerage houses rather than a full-service brokerage firm such as Raymond James.
  2. Here at Investment Central, there is a minimum relationship value of $10,000 that needs to be maintained in order to keep accounts open.
  3. The most common reason is we have inadequate or incomplete account forms necessary to continue servicing your account.

How is Investment Central different from a local branch office?
The main difference is that your accounts become self-directed accounts. As a client, you are in charge of your own accounts. Many clients enjoy and are confident in their know-how to doing research, monitoring their investments’ performance and staying current on the markets. However, if you’re not one of those people and feel you may lack resources, confidence or time to manage your investments, we still have you covered. Ask to speak to one of our associates to leverage support from our team for managed portfolios.

How do I contact Investment Central?
Contact us Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern toll-free: 800.826.4382.

Who is my financial advisor now?

Your advisor is now Investment Central. Our team of virtual financial advisors is available to help you quickly and efficiently. Any team specialist can assist you when you call.

How do I deposit money to my account?

You can mail checks or money orders (we do not accept cash) to the address below. Please be sure to include your account number on your check. You can withdraw or deposit funds electronically by clicking here: Client Access.
Raymond James Investment Central
Treasury Department
880 Carillon Parkway
St. Petersburg, FL 33716

How can I place a trade in my account?

You can place trades by calling 800.826.4382. Trade requests must be submitted to a trading service specialist, and cannot be left on voicemail, email or any other alternative electronic method.

How can I withdraw money from my account?

For retail accounts, you can either fax a written request, along with your contact information, for funds to 866.597.3990 or call us at 800.826.4382. All faxed requests will be followed up with a phone call for verbal verification. If you have a qualified plan, please call us at 800.826.4382.

Can I view my account online?

Yes. “Account Login” in the upper-right corner of our home page gives you quick access to your account information any time. You’ll be prompted to complete the request for access the first time you visit Client Access. Want to make a trade? Just call 800.826.4382.

Are there any fees associated with my account being at Investment Central?

Please see a list of our "Client Account Services and Charges"

How do I suppress my paper statement and/or confirms?

You can suppress your paper statements and/or confirms by logging into "Account Login" in the upper-right corner of our home page.

How do I find a Raymond James financial advisor in my area?
Click the link "Find an Advisor". Once you have contacted and selected a new advisor, your new advisor will have you sign a branch affiliation change form and we'll move the account to that branch for you.
For more information, please contact us at 800.826.4382 or

Raymond James & Associates, Inc. member New York Stock Exchange / SIPC and Raymond James Financial Services, Inc. member FINRA / SIPC are subsidiaries of Raymond James Financial, Inc.