Getting retirement ready
When you think about preparing for retirement, questions emerge. You may wonder how what you’ve saved stacks up against the average, or how long it needs to last. Or you might be thinking about whether you have the right investment mix for this stage of life – and market environment. We can help address all of this and more. After determining where you stand, we can help you make the most of your hard-earned income and account for the expected and unexpected in your retirement planning.
Source: Retirement Readiness by the Decades
Sarah, a 50-year-old physician, needed help getting her retirement savings back on track. The past few years, she struggled with lifestyle inflation as she tried to keep up with colleagues’ lavish spending and now had concerns about outliving her savings, as she had seen family members experience. We helped her clarify her priorities and get a handle on her cash flow, showing her how long her money might last under different scenarios. We also helped her work out an income strategy that aligned with her vision of how she wants to spend her time in retirement.
The hypothetical example above is for illustrative purposes and is not representative of any actual experience. Individual results will vary.
How hard is your money working for you?
We can offer insights into managing and preserving wealth efficiently and effectively, personalized to your time horizon and financial situation. Retiring on your terms doesn’t have to be complicated.
5 years from retirement
This period is about knowing your numbers. We can help you:
- Determine what your expenses and income will be
- Forecast your healthcare costs and plan for them
- Explore when to claim Social Security to time it right for you and your family
10 years from retirement
You can accelerate savings once eligible for catchup contributions at age 50. We can help you:
- Take things like inflation into account in your financial plan
- Revisit your retirement goals and asset allocation
- Prepare for scenarios where circumstances cause you to retire early
Asset allocation does not guarantee a profit nor protect against loss.
20 years from retirement
These may be your peak earning years, so make the most of them. We can help you:
- Identify savings strategies to pursue your goals
- Balance saving for a child’s education with saving for retirement
- Review insurance policies to ensure they meet your needs
The cusp of retirement
You’ve come a long way, but there are crucial tasks still to tackle. We can help you:
- Restructure your portfolio for retirement
- Take a tax-efficient approach to retirement income
- Think through your vision of living in retirement