Planning for a long, fulfilling life
Workshops on Drop
We have been conducting seminars on DROP throughout the state of Florida pertaining to financial planning for Sworn Employees.
These seminars are high-quality, high-content and educational. We have discovered that there is a real demand for these seminars given the confusion surrounding the intricacies of DROP.
The most recent seminar we conducted had 50 attendees. Some of the topics we cover include:
- The factors to consider when deciding to enter DROP
- How to properly design an asset allocation for your deferred comp (457) and DROP
- How the age 50 rule per PPA 2006 affects you
- Social Security integration strategies
- The different pension options to choose from: Joint & Survivor, Single-Life, etc.
- The mistakes to avoid when exiting DROP
The presentation is interactive, high-content, and educational. The seminar is customized to the municipality’s specific CH.175/185 plan (or FRS for county) and is an ideal setting to educate, inform, and promote the many questions facing sworn employees today regarding retirement.
- Tamarac Fire Rescue
- Cape Coral Police
- Palatka Fire Department
- Panama City Beach
- Pinellas Park Fire Dep.
- City of Largo
- St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue
- Melbourne Fire/Police
- St. Augustine Fire
Asset allocation does not guarantee a profit nor protect against loss.