Awards and Recognitions
- The Auburn Alumni Association 20 Under 40 2023:Terrance was named to the Auburn University's 20 Under 40 list for 2023. The Auburn Alumni Association 20 Under 40 recognizes Terrance Dedrick of the Auburn Family for extraordinary accomplishments, significant professional achievements, or distinguished service to others. Winners were selected based on a point system rubric that scored individuals on industry and community accomplishments, display of comprehensive approach to alumni participation, prominence in their profession, as well as demonstrated leadership in both their profession and community. Out of 125 nominations received, 20 under the age of 40 were selected as winners. This ranking is based upon the time period from 2/18/2022 to 2/18/2023 and was released on 4/18/2023. This ranking is not based in any way on the individual's abilities in regards to providing investment advice or management. This recognition is not indicative of an advisor’s future performance, is not an endorsement, and may not be representative of individual clients’ experience. Neither Raymond James nor any of its Financial Advisors pay a fee in exchange for this award/rating. Raymond James is not affiliated with the Auburn Alumni Association.
- University of Alabama Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics (IAC): Thomas was asked to serve on IAC. This committee is responsible for the oversight and development of policy recommendations on academic matters involving intercollegiate athletics.
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame (ASHOF): Governor Ivy appointed Thomas to the ASHOF board. The purpose of this board is to honor, preserve & perpetuate the names, deeds and records of those living and dead, who by achievement of service, have brought lasting fame and honor to the State of Alabama and through themselves or through their outstanding accomplishments.
- Raymond James & Associates Executive Council: Thomas accepted an invitation to serve on the Raymond James & Associates Executive Council. This position is one of the most coveted honors that an advisor could receive. The council consists of seven members who serve for a two-year term. The purpose of the council is to provide feedback to the firm’s executive committee and the board of directors, along with being the voice of other advisors.
- Investment News Role Model: Thomas was awarded The Investment News See it, Be it Role Model Award. He was one of 10 people selected from 100 Nominees from all over the country. The award recognizes individuals who have inspired and contributed to the success of others from diverse backgrounds.
- Black Financial Advisors Network (BFAN): Thomas has been a member of the leadership team of BFAN for the past eight years. He received the Black Financial Advisors Network Sage Award. This award is an internal recognition given to a BFAN member who shares wisdom and valuable insights with other BFAN members to help them navigate career and life.
- Elevate Advisory Council: Terrance was named by Mayor Maddox to the Elevate Advisory Council where he serves on the Financial Analysis Subcommittee and the Parks and Recreation Subcommittee.
- FA Empowerment Program: Terrance serves as 1 of 3 mentors for the newly developed FA Empowerment Program. One of the Next Generation Advisor Programs created by the Advisor Mastery Program division.
- Ascend Award: Terrance received the Raymond James Ascend Award in February 2022.
- Putnam Investment Advisor Council: Terrance was named to Putnam Investment Advisor Council in March 2022.
- 100 Most Influential Advisors of 2022: Terrance was nominated for Investopedia top 100 most influential advisors of 2022. The Investopedia 100 ranking recognizes financial advisors who make a significant influence across digital publishing and social media platforms and who champion financial literacy and education. The ranking is measured across social media platforms, advisor websites or blogs and content that is in the spirit of financial literacy and education. These areas are measured through a proprietary ranking methodology that was developed by Investopedia. There were several hundred applications with 100 advisors ranked. The ranking may not be representative of any one client's experience, is not an endorsement, and is not indicative of an advisor's future performance. Neither Raymond James nor any of its Financial Advisors pay a fee in exchange for this award/rating. Investopedia is not affiliated with Raymond James.
- AdvisorHub: Terrance was named one of the 2022 AdvisorHub 100 Fast Growing Advisors to Watch in June 2022. The 2022 AdvisorHub 100 Fast Growing Advisors to Watch ranking is as of 6/23/2022 and based on an algorithm of criteria, focused on three key areas: Scope of practice as measured by assets, production and level of service, Year-Over-Year Growth, and Professionalism & Character. The rankings weigh the scores in Scope of Practice and Growth more heavily than other areas. Advisors considered have a minimum of seven years' experience, a compliance record with no more than 3 complaints, and must have been with their current firm since 1/1/2020. Out of approximately 560 total nominations received, 200 advisors received the award. Portfolio performance is not a criteria due to varying client objectives and lack of audited data. This ranking is not indicative of advisor's future performance, is not an endorsement, and may not be representative of individual clients' experience. Neither Raymond James nor any of its Financial Advisors or RIA firms pay a fee in exchange for this award/rating. Raymond James is not affiliated with AdvisorHub.
- West Alabama Auburn Club: As president, Terrance hosts events and watch parties and encourages involvement among Auburn alumni in the West Alabama area.
- 50 Under 50 Award: Terrance was an award winner of the National Association of African American Financial Advisors 50 under 50. The 2022 Association of African American Financial Advisors 50 under 50 recognizes and celebrates influential Black/African American financial advisors, planners, consultants, and operations/administrative executives in the financial services industry. 273 nominations were received and 50 were honored based on their accomplishments, contribution to the industry, leadership and promise. These individuals exhibit a dedication to professional development and continued learning, are actively involved in the B/AA community through volunteerism and affiliations with various nonprofit organizations, and have demonstrated upward professional growth in their respective careers. The ranking may not be representative of any one client's experience, is not an endorsement, and is not indicative of an advisor's future performance. Neither Raymond James nor any of its Financial Advisors pay a fee in exchange for this award/rating. The Association of African American Financial Advisors is not affiliated with Raymond James.
Raymond James is not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned.