We believe strategic investing is the result of acquiring vast knowledge, developing a strategy for its use and, most importantly, putting the knowledge and strategy into action.
Ultimately, our aim is to discover investment value while understanding and controlling the risks. We define risk as the loss of capital, temporary or permanent, as well as the missed opportunity of investment return. Temporarily bearing risk is an inevitable aspect of investing. Permanent loss of capital is to be avoided at all costs.
We believe that recognizing and controlling risk is essential to investment success. We strive to accomplish this by investing in under-valued asset classes, more stable investments, diversification and periodic reallocations. These methods allow us to maintain risk-adjusted portfolios and take advantage of declining prices in favored investments.
Our process for discovering value and controlling risk has evolved over decades into a thoughtful and disciplined course of action.
- Evaluates macro environment for economic and investment trends
- Evaluates and selects best valued asset classes
- Selects best in class managers
- Constructs portfolio models
Asset Class Decisions
- Allocation between domestic and international large and small company stocks
- Allocation among core bond and alternative income investments
- Allocation among a select few sectors or alternative investments
- Specific area of expertise
- Collegial culture with low turnover
- Articulate and disciplined investment process
- Competitive fee structure
- Significant personal financial commitment
- Created from collaborative best thinking of investment committee
- Constructed to prudently balance risk and return
- Models chosen to represent client’s risk profile and achieve specific personal goals
Rebalancing Discipline and Review
- Portfolio rules developed to mitigate various portfolio risks and taxes
- Portfolios reviewed on a continual basis for appropriate allocation consistent with client’s risk
- Reviews for performance results and tax loss selling
This material is not intended for use as investment advice. It does not guarantee the attainment of your goals. Individual results will vary. There is no assurance that any investment strategy will be successful. Investing involves risk and investors may incur a profit or a loss. Asset allocation and diversification do not ensure a profit or protect against a loss. Past performance is not indicative of future results.