Why Work with a CEPA®
A Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA®) is a professional who specializes in helping business owners develop and execute a plan to maximize the value of their business and to exit their business successfully. CEPA®s bring together a team of professionals to help with the planning process and work to maximize the value of the business before the exit. Working with a CEPA® can help business owners navigate the complex and emotional process of exiting their business and harvesting its wealth.
Choosing to work with a CEPA® can help in many facets of exiting a business, including:
- Saving time in the exit process.
- Maximizing the value of the business before the sale.
- Identifying financial issues and addressing them.
- Creating a team of professionals to work on the plan.
- Deciding to sell or liquidate and close the business.
- Finding a buyer or facilitating transfer within the family.
- Negotiating the terms of the sale.
- Positioning the business to be sold in good standing.
- Reducing risk in the process.
- Managing the proceeds from the sale.
- Estate and tax planning.
- Ongoing support after the sale.