A handful of investor famous last words
- The guy in the $3,000 suit on TV telling me to buy a certain stock is probably doing it to improve my family’s financial well-being.
- Things feel good to me……must be a smart time to buy way more than I should.
- I’ll just watch for things to get bad, and then I’ll sell out near the highs.
- Then I’ll simply buy back my stocks when things feel comfortable again.
- I’ll just put all my money in bonds, and assume I won’t run out of money before I die.
- The smartest thing for me is to invest based on what’s going on in Washington DC.
- My plan is to watch the stock market’s movements all day long on my computer.
- This bond I am thinking of buying pays a surprising 9%/year in interest, but it’s a bond so what could go wrong?
- Gold never goes down, so I’ll just put all my money in gold.
- This guy on the TV infomercial at 2 a.m. is starting to make a lot of sense.
Remember: Someone will always be there to sell you the dream, but you get to live the nightmare alone.
The four most dangerous words in investing are ‘This time it's different.’